Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Why should I?


So here is the question, what is the point of twitter for the average person? Why would I use it? I mean there is already plenty of forms of instant communication, such as MsN, Facebook, Myspace, emails and text messages, did I forget any?

Now first off I'm not saying Twitter is bad there is plenty of uses for it, but I mean why would use it just to know what my friends in real life (lets not forget the internet friends too) are doing, do I real need to know that they are going to go the washroom? Or that they are painting there room. Or maybe that they moved, okay wait that last one might be useful if I know them in real life. One of the useful things I could see it being used for if someone is organizing an event and minute by minute updates by everyone all the time.



But also whats with the need to create so many different forms on instant communication? I mean there is Myspace, Facebook and so on... I don't like trying to keep up with that. I mean i found it way to much work to open the internet, then go to the site and then log on to my profile, when I could of just opened Msn (and yes I no I still need to log in on my msn, but it it still takes much less time, because of the fact that it pops up when i turn on my computer). What I also found weird is that in these website based IMs, is that anyone on there friends list can see what you are saying to them. Do I really want all 100 contacts on the person friends list to be able to read what I told them? And you can't deny the fact that there are people out there how would. Its like letting someone invade a private conversation, its an invasion privacy in some ways.

But then you've also got to remember the tons of people who would like to believe that people really care about what they are doing. Oh and yes I realize the fact that I'm doing a blog about why should the average person use Twitter (or Myspace or Facebook really). I was going to do a Vlog, but I didn't have time and to be honest I really don't like being record in anyway.

Typing on the computer/ chewing gum.
10:20 Jun 2nd

Sites used:
http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/files/2009/05/twitter-logo.jpg

http://www.israelnumber.com/globimg/MSN_Messenger.jpg

http://dept.kent.edu/theatre/porthouse/interface_img/facebook-logo.jpg

marvellmusic.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment